[kde-community] Have repo maintainers opt-in for github mirroring (was: Re: Official KDE mirror on github)

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Sep 19 13:04:55 BST 2015

> > I was under the impression they were disabled by the options we had
> > selected. Unfortunately that is not the case.
>
> Thanks for clarifying on this.
>
> I hope they can still be disabled.
>
> They can't. I had spent some time looking before. Sorry.

However, we have solid hard data that it's a non-issue.

Gnome has been mirrored on github for nearly 2 years, in that time GTK has
had a grand total of 4 pull requests over time.
Most others (gedit, cheese, epiphany) have had 0.

Interestingly they have had literally hundreds of github "forks", which
implies it has led to sustantiable numbers of patches back using the
traditional methods

I've made a wiki page, which says how to turn a pull request into a
reviewboard submission.
https://techbase.kde.org/Development/GithubMirror

If we get any questions we can then just copy and paste that, and don't
need to spend any time explaining. Bam, done.

David