[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Sat Sep 19 09:36:22 BST 2015

On 2015-09-19, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote:

> Sounds like a bit superficial premature complain. If only we had a flood of
> pull requests...

It is not premature to complain!

I personally feel a bit fucked over right now. All this started with a
KDE github mirror and *just a mirror*. No pull requests. No bugtracker.
No nothing else. Just a mirror. And it was repeatedly said in the thread
that it would be just a mirror. Just a mirror.

The initial mirror sync isn't even done before people come out and say
"Can we enable this". "Can we enable that". Srsly.

I was fearing a slippery slope towards github development model, but we
are sliding faster than my nightmares.

When one is on a slippery slope, it is time to take a firm stand.

/Sune