[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 01:20:46 BST 2015

El Divendres, 18 de setembre de 2015, a les 23:43:34, Vishesh Handa va
escriure:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote:
> > 2. Regarding the issues/pull requests - nobody agreed/disagreed to my
> > proposal. Is anyone against an *opt-in* possibility of enabling Issues
> > and/or Pull Requests for a given mirrored repo? Opt-in by maintainer of
> > the patches. We can easily draft a policy if someone is afraid.
>
> +1 for pull requests on an opt-in basis.
>
> > Until we have "free" bountysource-like infra, I do need github Issues.
> > I also work with bountysource so they find a way to better support
> > bugs.kde.org; for now one can paste the url and it works but issues
> > "for adoption" are not listed.
>
> For me this seems reasonable. Since we are lacking support for Bounty
> Source and a particular maintainer wants/needs it, they should be able
> to use a custom solution until it is provided.

I don't think the fact that exactly one developer wants to use a non free
service should influence our common mirroring setup, yes remember this is a
mirror.

> It depends on our end goal: creating free software or creating free
> software with only free tools? If it is the latter then I fear we have
> already failed since many of us use additional tools to aid
> development which are not free.

You do use non free tools, but KDE doesn't recommend nor bless them in any
way, this would be quite a departure from that setup.

Cheers,
  Albert