[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Sep 18 21:23:26 BST 2015

On Friday 18 September 2015 22:14:04 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> I must say I'm uneasy with the thought of allowing pull requests - even as
> an exception. Seeing this raised on the day the mirroring started makes me
> sad that I initiated the whole thing.

Yes I'm uneasy about that too. I thought "Well mirrors and copies of code are
good so let them get on with that" but github is tantalizingly convenient and
I fear we've started to open Pandora's Box here.

Github is convenient so if we offer that I'm scared that we will be pulled in
there because it is more convenient to use then our infrastructure.

> So I join Sune, Eike and Marco: "Free software needs free tools, no
> proprietary pull requests for KDE development!"

+1

I also agree with Friedrich W. H. Kossebau's points in the other branch of
this thread.

Regards,
Andre
--