[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Fri Sep 18 20:12:31 BST 2015

On 2015-09-18, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote:
> Don't we slowly drop support for Reviewboard?
> (even I am still not sure how to correctly update phabricator diff
> from command line)

Then notes should be changed when we move from reviewboard to <new tool>

> 2. Regarding the issues/pull requests - nobody agreed/disagreed to my proposal.
> Is anyone against an *opt-in* possibility of enabling Issues and/or
> Pull Requests for a given mirrored repo? Opt-in by maintainer of the
> patches. We can easily draft a policy if someone is afraid.

Yes. I'm against. And I'm also against mirroring on github, but I didn't
voice my opinion by that because it was said that issues and pull
requests are not to be enabled.

We should not proprietarize our development workflow. We should not work
towards anything that locks us in anywhere.

Free software needs free tools.

And the BDSM Free Software Definition:
"I refuse to be bound by software I cannot negotiate with".

/Sune