[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Sep 16 07:34:10 BST 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 11:21:34 PM CEST Vishesh Handa wrote:
>> Ping?
>>
>> What's the status of this? I have a copy of Baloo on github, and I
>> have been thinking of creating a "KDE Baloo" organization (or KDE) so
>> that it is not under my name. I would obviously prefer an official
>> mirror instead of me updating it manually.

Nobody from the Sysadmin team has time to work on this at the moment,
so it'll get worked on as part of the Phabricator migration as we have
to overhaul the Anongit system then anyway. If anyone wants to work on
it before then, please contact me. It should be fairly simple to use
the Github API to create / delete repositories as need be, and then
hook into our existing mirroring infrastructure to push the latest
state of the repository when a developer pushes to it.

> There seems to be consensus on we want it, but nobody started to do work on
> it. Maybe you want to get it going? Instead of doing "KDE Baloo" taking "KDE
> community" (or something like that)?
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Regards,