[kde-community] Phabricator: Make it happen already!

Boudhayan Gupta bgupta at kde.org
Sat Sep 5 22:31:34 BST 2015

Hi,

On 5 September 2015 at 01:47, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> From my perspective at least, we will be migrating at the very least
> off of projects.kde.org (Chiliproject / Redmine). Considering the
> level of integration, it is extremely likely we'll be moving off of
> reviewboard.kde.org (Reviewboard) and todo.kde.org (Kanboard) as well
> to Phabricator.

I have small concern here, regarding the move away from ReviewBoard.

When I sent in my first patch to KDE, I was able to go from git clone
to submitting a patch in less than an hour, simply because to use
ReviewBoard I didn't have to do anything special, simply sign up for a
KDE Identity and upload the diff.

I'm concerned that with Differential, one will have to do a lot more
than just sign up for an Identity and upload a diff to get started.
The barrier into entry might be a bit more complicated than the
current process.

-- Boudhayan