[kde-community] Renaming KScreenGenie

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:41:23 BST 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Boudhayan Gupta <bgupta at kde.org> wrote:

> What do you guys think about Selfie anyway? I wasn't able to find any
> app that was called Selfie, and after the initial cringe, I gave it
> some thought and my two cents - I like the edgy, err, youthful,
> totally non-enterprise, couldn't give two hoots about "corporate
> branding" vibe that this gives off. And of course, I couldn't say this
> enough times, a screenshot is a computer taking a selfie.

But then "selfies" are what keeps the current teen generation going.
The easy confusion with a software that takes an actual selife (the
user taking it, ie. his own) is at hand. Software names should not
be confusing.

Besides, thanks to the word getting into pop-culture main-stream
English nowadays, it's as generic as Screenshot is ;)

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer