[kde-community] Renaming KScreenGenie

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Aug 24 20:08:35 BST 2015

Jaroslaw Staniek ha scritto:
> On 24 August 2015 at 20:48, Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:
>> When I said part of Plasma, was aiming at KDE workspace, not part of
>> plasma-* package. I don't believe it will be popular amongst Gnome,
>> MINT, Elementary, etc. users, right?
>>
>> Just the same as Gnome Music will not be used by us.
>
> Oh why? I hoped we could aim high... outside of the ghetto in a niche.
> Why we have all the modularity and Qt-ifying of apps?

Exactly.

Users should use the applications regardless of the environment. When better
integration is available, than it's great, but there are no reason why you
couldn't use future(KScreenGenie) in other environments (someone said LXQt?)

K in the names are being removed also for this, aren't they?

Ciao
--
Luigi