[kde-community] Community Identity Guidelines

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Sun Aug 23 15:29:52 BST 2015

While sorting through the Development section of Techbase, I came across
the Community Identity Guidelines (CIG) page at [1]. This appears to be
rather out of date, referring to the "K Desktop Environment" as our
preferred formal name, for example. It is also incomplete, with links to
pages that don't exist.

This is the sort of thing that would have fallen under the domain of the
Marketing Working Group in the past, but I believe that's kind of dead
now, so I'm asking here.

Do we still want something like this (essentially a Brand Bible for
KDE)? Do we in fact already have it in another location? Where is the
best location for it (maybe the Community wiki or a static web page)?

Any input on what should be done with this is appreciated.

Alex

PS: there are other out-of-date pages linked from [2]. I'm trying to
press for information in more domain-specific locations for those, but
the questions are largely the same.

[0]: https://techbase.kde.org/Development
[1]: https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Guidelines/CIG
[2]: https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Guidelines