[kde-community] KDE Relicensing Effort

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jul 27 21:14:05 BST 2015

On Monday 27 July 2015 15:01:06 Marc Mutz wrote:

> I meant that I prefer the "or later" clause to be present, not and don't like
> a relicense to v[23]-only.
>
> No difference atm, only once there's a GPLv4, it will be automatically
> permitted on v2+, but not on v[23]-only.

Right, but that's just a preference then, not a refusal for v[23]-only.
If one of the other contributors to a v2-only file says the opposite
(v[23] yes, v2+ no), then I would still be able to relicense that file
to "v2 or v3", since that is allowed by your more permissive "v2+", right?

Otherwise the file would have to stay v2-only, which surely is worse
in your book, right?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5