[kde-community] KDE Relicensing Effort

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jul 26 20:53:12 BST 2015

On Saturday 21 February 2015 11:42:52 Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> some time ago, a relicensing effort was started to allow us also using
> the [L]GPLv3 [1]. The linked script (I just blogged about it again [2])
> indeed helped a lot when checking Kate's source code, for instance.
>
> 1. Please add yourself to this script, if you have not done so.
>
> 2. Would it make sense to add a paragraph about it to the welcome email
>    for new developers getting their KDE account? Something like
>    "The KDE community uses a set of well-known licenses for their work.
>     To keep flexibility, please add your preferences to the license checker..."

I agree very much.
But actually this is already (since 2009) in the file kde-common/svn/svn_git_instructions.txt

What I don't know however, is whether we still send this file to new contributors,
which I guess means nowadays, once they get developer permissions for their identity account.
Ben, do you know?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5