[kde-community] stackexange site for krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat May 2 13:58:32 BST 2015

Sorry for breaking threading. When kmail2 ate my mail recently I had to
move away to pine and make a fresh start. It also means I didn't see this
mail by Luca.

>> Krita developers) to give user support. I started this topic because of
>> a demand from our userbase for a question-and-answer website where they
>> would do user-support _themselves_.

>Pardon my honest ignorance again (this is not rhetorical, I really am
>ignorant on the topic), but in this case why are the forums unsuited?

The forums are awesome, and we make a lot of use of it for Krita, but a
question-and-answers site like stackexchange has a different interaction
model. The forum encourages discussion and sharing work, while here we
want to have a question per topic, answers, and a kind of game system
where answers can be upvoted or downvoted and marked as correct. And then
the site must be easily searchable.

Boudewijn