[kde-community] Evolving KDE

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Apr 18 20:38:08 BST 2015

El Dissabte, 18 d'abril de 2015, a les 20:37:02, Alexander Neundorf va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> not sure I understand:
>
> On Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:00:03 kde-community-request at kde.org wrote:
> > * During KDE e.V.'s annual general assembly, the report is discussed
> > and some of the recommended focus areas are agreed on as goals.
> > * At a strategy sprint, core community members come up with
> > measureable suggestions to achieve those goals.
>
> do you mean that at the General Assembly technical goals are voted for, and
> then core developers have to implement them ?
> I guess you meant something else ?

It means that the KDE eV AGM discusses about the focus areas the community as
already agreed via the survey/etc and agrees on some of those areas as goals
for the "year/6 months/whatever".

It's up for the core community members to come up with how to achieve those
goals/improve focus areas in the strategy sprint.

Obviously as a contributor you're free to ignore those goals/focus areas, but
we expect that the community is going to be behind what the community itself
decided is important to do/improve.

Also, in case this is not clear, let me clarify, this is about evolving KDE,
"KDE the Community", not about fixing that bug that bothers me or making
Plasma/Okular/whatever better software. It is about deciding where we want to
be in the future and taking steps to be there.

Cheers,
  Albert