[kde-community] stackexange site for krita

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 10:12:32 GMT 2015

Hi!

I'm sorry for jumping in a bit lately. My initial request on IRC, which
resulted in this stackoverflow discussion was the following:

I asked for a kind of "knowledge base", where I (developer) could search
for popular answers really quickly and copy/paste the link into IRC/social
networks to help people with their (really trivial and common) problems.

The point is there are lots and lots trivial questions which will be being
asked or raised regularly, so we need to have them somewhere in easy access.

Examples:

1) How to generate a tablet log?
2) How to compile Krita?
3) How to generate a backtrace for Krita crash?

Right now I use launchpad's framework, but it is really-really limited. You
cannot even add a screenshot :(
Here: https://answers.launchpad.net/krita-ru/+faqs

So I was even though about moving all these answers into wiki, but it seems
like a special solution like LampCMS might help better in this situation.

The requirements for this system for me:

1) Easy to add a pair Question/Answer (yep, self-dialog)
2) Easy to search for a question, and easy to paste the link to an answer
on IRC
3) The ability for users to ask/answer questions is nice, but for me it is
secondary :)

Dmitry Kazakov