[kde-community] stackexange site for krita

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Feb 26 22:37:34 GMT 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 7:49 AM, Paul Geraskin <paulgeraskin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use blender.stackexchange a lot. This is the best resource. Google and
> github are commercial organisations too butt all people use them.

That is not fair.

1) Github: Many people do not use github, especially for KDE purposes.
KDE has its own git infrastructure, eventually. At least it used to
have...

2) As for gmail, many, including, but not limited to, KDE, people do
not use it. But that is not even the point that is being debated in
here! The point is having an alternative or several of them in this
special case as some people have already rightfully expressed that. It
is not like that you cannot choose in this case.

> Also, most people have stackexchange account. It means more answers will be.

I doubt that this assertion in the Qt and especially the KDE community
to be honest. I had made some stats 1-2 years ago and the amount of
KDE contributors on Stack Exchange was very low unless they mostly
chose unrecognizable nick names.

> I have my own collection of questions in my Stackexchange account. When i need them i can easily find them.
Also the same service works for Math, Python, Java which i use too.
This is very very big and great project.

I really do not get your point. We are talking about KDE and Stack
Exchange in here. KDE has its own identity. I bet it is much more
important for KDE contributors to have this identity for KDE
activities rather than having a global account for all sort of
activities thay may include a KDE part somewhere.

What you are saying is understandable in a global context, but here I
thought we would be discussing KDEi