[kde-community] KDE Relicensing Effort

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Sat Feb 21 10:42:52 GMT 2015

Hi all,

some time ago, a relicensing effort was started to allow us also using
the [L]GPLv3 [1]. The linked script (I just blogged about it again [2])
indeed helped a lot when checking Kate's source code, for instance.

1. Please add yourself to this script, if you have not done so.

2. Would it make sense to add a paragraph about it to the welcome email
   for new developers getting their KDE account? Something like
   "The KDE community uses a set of well-known licenses for their work.
    To keep flexibility, please add your preferences to the license checker..."

3. Maybe in the long run we could have these preferences even integrated
   in the KDE identity website?

Thoughts welcome :-)

Cheers,
Dominik