[kde-community] retiring unmaintained modules?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jan 12 12:11:30 GMT 2015

On Saturday 10 January 2015 Jan 23:13:20 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dissabte, 10 de gener de 2015, a les 22:56:06, Boudewijn Rempt va escriure:
> > On Sat, 10 Jan 2015, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > Some of them like kword and koffice are already in unmaintained and closed
> > > for bugs, not much more we can do with them other than deleting them
> > > which i'm not sure it's a good idea.
> >
> > Close the bugs as "unmaintained"? There's no reason to keep bugs open for
> > dead projects.
>
> In an ideal world you'd have biliions of bug triagers that would go through
> all the open bugs and move the ones that still exist to calligra for example
> (meaning i think there's still some sense to keep them there)

All koffice bugs were copied to calligra, so that's irrelevant. It might be relevant for kmail vs kmail2, of course. That's up to their maintainers, but honestly, keeping bugs open for obsolete software just because they haven't been triaged to check whether they are still present in a successor isn't going to help make bugzilla into a useful tool.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org