[kde-community] retiring unmaintained modules?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 10 14:44:20 GMT 2015

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015, Lydia Pintscher wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>> It also says
>>
>> "Whenever an application has not received a commit for one complete year, you
>> will be contacted via email to discuss if you want to continue the application
>> or if it has died. In the latter case or when the email bounces, it will be
>> moved to /tag/unmaintained/N/. "
>>
>> On the other hand this is in the "The start" section so it can be argued if it
>> applies to only playground/ or to everything.
>>
>> It's a similar-ish condition to the one you suggested.
>
> Anyone up for making a list of projects that fit the criteria so we
> can see which projects we're talking about?

I checked quickgit, and judging by commits, and disregarding scripty
commits, there are 191 candidates. See attached file. Of course, some of
these projects aren't really dead, they are just finished, I didn't go
through them to check that out.

Judging by bugs is a bit harder, it needs a query on bugzilla, but from
the top-100, these are all pretty dead, it seems.

kword		124	0	0	0
kftpgrabber	80	0	0	0
KMail Mobile	77	0	0	0
koffice		66	0	0	0