[kde-community] retiring unmaintained modules?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 22:31:09 GMT 2015

El Dimarts, 6 de gener de 2015, a les 23:18:01, Boudewijn Rempt va escriure:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2015, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > We do
> >
> > https://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle
> >
> > We don't apply it much though i think.
>
> A bigger problem with that is that it says "you decide to stop -- please
> inform people of that". I guess that just almost never happens.

It also says

"Whenever an application has not received a commit for one complete year, you
will be contacted via email to discuss if you want to continue the application
or if it has died. In the latter case or when the email bounces, it will be
moved to /tag/unmaintained/N/. "

On the other hand this is in the "The start" section so it can be argued if it
applies to only playground/ or to everything.

It's a similar-ish condition to the one you suggested.

Cheers,
  Albert