[kde-community] Fundraising group -- was Re: KDE fundraisers and things we've learned

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Dec 30 18:10:32 GMT 2014

On Tue, 30 Dec 2014, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> I think this is a must, i tried to get people to join kde-ev-campaign at kde.org
> to coordinate this kind of stuff, but seems i failed since you didn't even
> suggest it ;) I don't care were do we coordinate, but we should coordinate.

I did join that mailing list. I didn't post, I think, even though I should
be working hard on the next Krita fund raiser.

>> Proposal:
>> Addition to the Manifesto of KDE [7] and there to the Commitments section.
>> Something like: all KDE projects coordinate their financial "work" (better
>> wording?) with the KDE e.V. (board?)
>
> Not sure the manifesto thing makes sense, it took us quite a while to agree on
> the manifesto and i'd like to think we can just be sensible people without the
> manifesto telling us to be :D

Coordinate yes -- but please, be aware that there are some very real
constraints for a campaign that make it not a good idea to postpone it, in
some cases. For instance, I cannot afford to postpone a Krita campaign
if that means I can no longer pay for Dmitry...

On hte other hand, I think I've made good progress with getting Krita
awareness out beyond the kde/free software/linux world, so it isn't that
urgent, I think we can try and tie in links and mentions of KDE to a
bigger extent in our next campaign.

Boudewijn