[kde-community] KDE office (was: Your KDE highlight of 2014?)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Dec 28 08:21:59 GMT 2014

On Thursday, December 25, 2014 00.15:25 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Um, what? You don't want KDE to work on KDE project together and call
> it KDE?

Call the result KDE software, call your efforts part of KDE, but putting "KDE"
on an office door and calling it a "KDE office" creates a level of
responsibility on behalf of KDE and anything that may happen in that office
reflect on KDE. If there is some process for setting up such a space such that
it meets the shared principles of KDE and is managed in a responsible fashion,
then it can work. Random people randomly setting up physical spaces that "are
KDE" is simply risky.

You may be fine with that. I would caution against it.

> I'm organising a KDE stall at FOSDEM with KDE people to
> promote KDE, should I call that KDE?

That's an activity that is explicitly endorsed by KDE.

--
Aaron J. Seigo