[kde-community] KDE fundraisers and things we've learned

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Dec 23 20:45:11 GMT 2014

On Tue, 23 Dec 2014, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:

> We had opportunity to learn about the positive example of Krita. I
> don't extrapolate to other projects. Fundraising for *single*
> sub-project is a part time job alone or two, with incredibly
> intelligent people knowing the domain (art), with project's brand
> present at conference booths.
> Most likely for large apps we need business partners for that to
> happen (Krita had one), to get them we need ability to align to their
> needs, whatever that means in every specific case.

Well, KO GmbH wasn't involved with the Krita fundraiser at all -- that was
purely a volunteer effort in the Krita community. When we're out of the
2.9 crunch, we'll have to do another one, work on that will start in
January, and we really should go live with it in March.

The topics will be animation, osx, python scripting and making krita
faster than photoshop, I expect.

Boud