[kde-community] RFC: Announcing new mailing lists

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Dec 21 18:32:55 GMT 2014

El Diumenge, 21 de desembre de 2014, a les 10:11:24, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 4:54 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El Dissabte, 20 de desembre de 2014, a les 22:19:35, Ben Cooksley va
escriure:

> >> In some instances, the creation of a new mailing list (like a
> >> bugs-dist list) would be noise.
> >> I'd be in favour of the requestor(s) announcing the new list though -
> >> so they could explain what the list would be used for.
> >>
> >> If sysadmin ends up doing it we'll likely be unable to provide as
> >> decent an explanation (as we're simply not as involved).
> >
> > But you're the only ones knowing that a mailing list has created. And as
> > far as i understand there's a description field asked when requesting a
> > list no? Could automatically send an email here saying "List X was
> > created with description Y".
>
> We're the only ones who know about every list that is created yes.
> However those requesting the new list will certainly be aware of it
> have being created.
>
> While we do request a description, sometimes people may want to
> provide additional details on what the list is intended for.

They can provide additional information if they want after the automated
email. Otherwise i'm pretty sure people are not going to send emails even if
we tell them, but oh well, if we can't agree on automated emails i'll accept
compromise on Kevin's suggestion.

Cheers,
  Albert