[kde-community] Your KDE highlight of 2014?

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 22:59:37 GMT 2014

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey folks :)
>
> 2014 is coming to an end. This gives us some time for reflection. What
> are your KDE highlights of 2014?

Highlights for me: Being asked by Mario to write a Frameworks book,
and seeing the team come around that project. The buildup was both
helping promote Randa, but also getting help from all the devels with
resources to learn about our newly splitted libraries. While there, we
were able to work with the people presenting the API docs as well as
those shaping the book form and content.

Next, Akademy, which was a total blur of activity. Seeing the VDG
really burst into public view, and getting to meet and hang out a bit
with some of that incredible team. Working with the Debian and Kubuntu
teams on planning for the future, and sharing packaging on git.
Working with the A11y team, the Documentation workshop with Mikey, and
brainstorming the new Mission forum
(https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=291&t=123795).

Installing Plasma 5 and using it full time. So beautiful!

Helping out in Season of KDE and Google Code-In, and finally, having
fun with our local KDE meetup.

What a great year in KDE.

Valorie