[kde-community] FOSDEM Organisation

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Thu Dec 4 01:21:50 GMT 2014

Hi,

Just a heads-up that I will not be attending FOSDEM next year and will
not be assisting in any way with preparations for FOSDEM or providing
any hardware. This is the result of the FOSDEM organisers refusing to
institute a proper Code of Conduct for attendees or to take any other
steps in addressing the dreadful gender ratio of speakers on their
program or attending the conference itself. I have attempted to
discuss these issues with them and found their attitude and beliefs
completely unacceptable to me. As such I cannot give them any form of
support, and sadly that means not helping the KDE community at this
event anymore.

John.