[kde-community] Using software created by KDE and KDE-related communities/companies for KDE infrastructure

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Sep 15 14:04:17 BST 2014

On 15.09.2014 14:58, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Where we don't use many of our own products, though, is on the infrastructure
> side.

That's not actually true, btw:

- identity.kde.org is us
- ballot (the e.v. voting software) is us
- commits.kde.org is us
- our commit hooks are us
- ditto the anongit mirroring system
- our forums are heavily customized
- wikis too
- ...

We actually do a lot of our own infra.

> Imagine we would not have to look up a KDE contributor's email address from an
> email they sent to a mailing list if we want to contact them, but instead just
> go to our central address book and type in their name. Or instead of relying
> on Doodle to coordinate meetings, we could send out invitations via our own
> Kolab system!

Making the identity.kde.org LDAP available for that in some
fashion has been discussed in the past, yeah.

> Best,
> Thomas

Cheers,
Eike