[kde-community] Your Akademy take-away?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Sep 13 16:33:38 BST 2014

On Friday 12 September 2014 14:02:39 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Hey folks :)
>
> What are the most important things you took away from this year's Akademy?

Personally, I think our community is highly social, inclusive and diverse -
i.e. awesome. And while I also think that technically our software is of
relatively high quality as well, I agree with Kevin O. that all of us should
try to aim for an even higher quality. We have many extremely talented people
in our community, which teach others to the best of their abilities. The trend
of doing more code reviews is going into the right direction there, and I hope
to see more of that happening. We should all strive for concise, clean code
with many unit tests, which ensures our code stays working and greatly
simplifies the maintenance burden. And, while working on new shiny things is
often very gratifying, I hope to see more people working on cleaning up our
old heritage code base.

Cheers everyone, rock on! I'm looking forward to see you all next year again
:)

Bye
--
Milian Wolff