[kde-community] Closing the kde-core-devel mailing list

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 21:14:08 BST 2014

On Wednesday 27 August 2014 07:51:54 Laszlo Papp wrote:
> > My suggestion: use qt-interest at qt-project.org for supporting people who
> > want to just use KF5, without developing it.
>
> I would understand that suggestion if the kde frameworks became
> official Qt 5 add-ons, although even then one could say to have
> modularized lists rather than a catch-all list where the relevance to
> your interest might be X % or lower. I think it is ok not to have a
> catch-all mailing list for everything that may end up in inqclude,
> i.e. qt libraries.

It's not going to become official, as KF5 will not use Gerrit and will not adopt
the Qt CLA.

However, I don't see a problem answering questions about KF5, Qxt, Qwt and
other Qt-based libraries in qt-interest. In fact, I encourage it because it
increases the Qt ecosystem and attractiveness.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358