[kde-community] Sad news (fwd)

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Aug 27 11:14:48 BST 2014

On Wednesday 27 August 2014 09:00:04 Jens Reuterberg wrote:
> Thats terrible news.
>
> As a community would it be appropriate to write up a short retrospective of
> Mojtaba? Perhaps combined with a photo, some information about him, his work
> and his life and post it on one of the larger KDE blogs?
>
> I don't know how Iranian burial customs work and we should check in with his
> family and friends (Mehrdad perhaps if you could help out) but with their
> allowance it seems as a nice gesture to do towards someone who has been a
> part of our community as well as worked on things that benefit us all
> (beyond our own community).
>
> What do everyone else think?

When community member Claire Lotion passed away in 2012, there was a Dot story
( https://dot.kde.org/2012/05/20/remembering-claire-lotion ) and the KDE SC
4.9 release was dedicated to her memory (
http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.9/ ). Chakra followed suit and named their
KDE SC 4.9 release series "Chakra Claire".

Maybe dedicating a Calligra release to  Mojtaba would make more sense than a
KDE SC release because Calligra was his focus, but a dot story would surely be
due.