[kde-community] Closing the kde-core-devel mailing list

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 06:11:54 BST 2014

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 22.24:24 Eike Hein wrote:
> So yeah, let's please not make a "write apps for Plasma"
> mailing list. It doesn't fit what KDE is today - and
> that's a good thing, because our ambitions have become
> grander and our means to accomplish them have, too.

I generally agree; that said, there is also nothing wrong with having good
integration with Plasma. The key is to ensure it doesn't block the application
from being used proficiently in other environments.

The way I've seen the goal for years is something like this:

* applications should run great everywhere they can
* applications deliver an even *better* experience when paired with Plasma

You know, a little both/and :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo