[kde-community] Closing the kde-core-devel mailing list

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Aug 5 20:28:14 BST 2014

On Tuesday, 2014-08-05, 20:29:05, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dilluns, 4 d'agost de 2014, a les 20:36:44, Vishesh Handa va escriure:
> > Hello people
> >
> > Random Idea: How about we close the k-c-d mailing list? It's main purpose
> > used to be to discuss kdelibs changes, but now since we have
> > kde-frameworks, the mailing list seems less useful. We already have
> > kde-devel for other generic kde stuff.
>
> kde-core-devel main purpose may had been discuss kdelibs changes, but it has
> trascended that purspose a while ago.

I agree with Albert.

k-c-d is the list to for things that happen in development, like kde-review
requests, inter-module coordination, etc.
It is more like a "kde-community-technical" list.

kde-devel is more a list for question regarding developing with the KDE
platform.
If there is really a need to fold one list with kde-frameworks its this one.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring