[kde-community] Closing the kde-core-devel mailing list

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Aug 5 19:29:05 BST 2014

El Dilluns, 4 d'agost de 2014, a les 20:36:44, Vishesh Handa va escriure:
> Hello people
>
> Random Idea: How about we close the k-c-d mailing list? It's main purpose
> used to be to discuss kdelibs changes, but now since we have
> kde-frameworks, the mailing list seems less useful. We already have
> kde-devel for other generic kde stuff.

kde-core-devel main purpose may had been discuss kdelibs changes, but it has
trascended that purspose a while ago.

Let's see email threads that were sent here that don't belong to frameworks-
devel, please tell me what list would replace k-c-d in this regard

 * Pushing AppStream data to KDE project's master branches
 * KDE Applications December 2014 release: which apps are targeting Qt4/Qt5?
 * Oxygen Fonts kdereview
 * Default wallpapers should go in svn or git?
 * Move of KXStitch to Extragear/Graphics
 * Kronometer now in KDE Review
 * Move of SymbolEditor to Extragear/Graphics
 * Moving plasma-nm to extragear
 * Talks @Akademy
 * KBibTeX in KDE Review
 * Freedesktop summit 2014
 * kde-workspace split incoming!

As you see these have nothing to do with kdelibs. Sure i understand lib
development moved to frameworks-devel, that's fine, but until you have a place
to discuss core stuff I don't see why we should close our core-devel list.

Cheers,
  Albert