[kde-community] Basket?

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Jul 8 13:48:29 BST 2014

John Layt ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone what's up with Basket?
>
> We appear to be hosting an old website for it at
> http://basket.kde.org/, which links to an incomplete and inactive KDE4
> port in a code repo on Github by Kelvie Wong [1] (who is noted as the
> maintainer on basket.kde.org), and a mailing list on SourceForge [2]
> which was tumbleweeds for years until an email last month reporting a
> new Qt4 based beta release on LaunchPad [3] by a Gleb Baryshev.
> There's also broken links to other non-KDE infrastructure.  As far as
> I can tell it's now a fork of a fork?

To add a bit of context: as far as I know, the last codebase which I was
aware, which is almost version 2.0 (post rc) is this:

https://gitorious.org/basket

See this mail (about the almost-2.0):
http://sourceforge.net/p/basket/mailman/message/27333712/

I'm not sure

> I'm not very comfortable with our hosting on kde.org a very
> out-of-date website for a project that isn't actually part of KDE
> anymore (if it ever was?).  How do we want to play this?  Do we
> approach the new devs to see if they wish to fully migrate to the KDE
> infrastructure as a KDE incubator project?  Do we request that they
> move the website elsewhere if they don't want to?  Or do we update the
> website ourselves to reflect it is not a KDE Community project any
> more?

It would be interesting to know where the launchpad version was forked from
(hopefully post 2.0 tag - I didn't read the latest thread on the basket list,
maybe it's explained) and yes, I agree it would be nice to contact them to
have them on the KDE infrastructure.

Ciao
--
Luigi