[kde-community] Website downtime

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Jul 5 01:26:22 BST 2014

Hi all,

Just a quick note that the migrations for all sites have now been completed.
As the server setup has changed drastically please let sysadmin know
if you uncover anything which is broken or no longer functioning
correctly.

Please note that we have also rolled out mandatory SSL for all of
those sites as well, so applications which interact with them and
which cannot handle SNI or redirects will now no longer function. In
addition, as we require a decent set of SSL ciphers to be supported,
some older SSL stacks will also be incompatible. Please contact
sysadmin if this affects your application or end users negatively.

It would be appreciated if those using Drupal 6 instances could
contact sysadmin so we can make plans to migrate those sites to Drupal
7. The newer version of PHP in use on the new system causes Drupal 6
quite a few issues.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin