[kde-community] Fwd: Yes, another notifications study. Earn money for KDE!

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue May 13 22:44:07 BST 2014

Hi everyone,
just forwarding this email from our long-time usability lead Celeste Lyn Paul
who would like you to participate in a scientific study concerning desktop
notifications, in exchange for a donation to KDE. Details see below.
I've already participated, it takes only a few minutes.
Cheers,
Thomas

From: Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste at kde.org>

Hello everyone!

It has been a while since I've been able to work on KDE. Between finishing
my PhD and getting a job, my life has been very busy. However, I have
continued to think about KDE and other open source communities while I have
been away. For example, like the study I am currently running.

Desktop notifications are a service to help you maintain awareness of
applications and services running in the background. Love them or hate
them, they provide an essential service that we cannot live without. The
first Desktop Notification Study focused on the KDE communities. Results of
the study provided interesting insight to what makes a notification good or
bad.

The current study expands the focus to all Free/Libre/Open Source Software
communities. Tell me about the most recent notification you received and
help me understand what makes a notification good or bad across the board.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1655301/Desktop-Notification-Survey-Open-Source

For each completed survey, *the study will donate $1 USD* to one of the
following projects: KDE, Gnome, Free Software Foundation, Free Software
Foundation Europe, and the Apache Foundation.

Spread the word and share with your friends, earning donations to your
favorite FLOSS project along the way!

Cheers,

~ Celeste