[kde-community] SCRUM in KDE

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Mar 4 08:21:17 GMT 2014

Hello,

On Monday 03 March 2014 18:56:43 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Hi dude,
>
> Not sure whether this is the topic for kde-community, but here it goes... :)
> > for this years Open Academy project, we have decided to use SCRUM. I
> > have looked at tools that could help us implement the various practices
> > and found "Icescrum" (http://www.icescrum.org/). I installed it on my
> > own infrastructure and so far I'm very happy with it.
>
> We have had a chance to play around with IceScrum during the Plasma Active
> development. People weren't really satisfied with it. It was fun to drag the
> stickers around, but it was problematic from time to time.

Was younger at the time though and raised quality issues. It got several major
versions since then, so might not be valid anymore. Never been a huge fan of
its usability but it rocks on metrics.

> > Is there interest from the membership? Should we maybe look into having
> > a central instance of Icescrum (or an equivalent) on the KDE
> > infrastructure?
> IIRC, there is (was?) something in the works regarding this. I remember that
> a few systems were being tested half a year ago, with the intention to
> choose one for Plasma (as the guinea pig, and later other projects), but I
> haven't heard anything regarding that since.

I'm currently anno^Wdiscussing with the sysadmins to find something. Right now
testing kanbanzilla, the move to gitlab might also provide a potential
solution.

So yeah... still pretty much in the work.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net