[kde-community] Windows licenses

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Feb 26 20:23:33 GMT 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:50 PM, Martin Sandsmark <martin.sandsmark at kde.org
> wrote:

On Wednesday 22. January 2014 07.23.30 Laszlo Papp wrote:
> > Hmm, actually the generic and basic Windows license does not allow
> > multiple remote login in my understand onto the same desktop. When I
> > last checked it required some server license, but I cannot claim it
> > 100% percents.
>
> Yes, but we get server licenses as well?

Yes. It's not a fixed set of software but a list where we can pick what we
ask for. E. g.

http://www.techsoup.org/support/articles-and-how-tos/microsoft-eligibility

In order for this to move forward, I would need a generic @kde.org address
that we can set as a contact point and does not change over time. Something
like microsoft at kde.org, or donations at kde.org would be great. If I am to
manage the whole request process, I will need access to that account. Who
can I ask this for? Does the board need to approve the creation of such an
address, or is it fine for sysadmins to do it on their own?

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org