[kde-community] Request to join the Kde incubator for GCompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Feb 19 23:11:23 GMT 2014

Le 19/02/2014 13:43, Agustin a écrit :
> Hi Bruno,
>
> I am Agustin Benito, KDE eV Treasurer.
>
> Thanks for providing us the information around the income that GConpris
> generates. We do not have a clear policy about this topic. I do not see a
> major problem in this area.

Hi, I have no problem sharing this information but not on a public list.
As you are interested I'll give you some details in private.

> We have a wide variety of different "business models" used by KDE developers to
> generate income. Your experience will help us to provide better answers to KDE
> developers in the future in this area.

Sure, I have an long lasting experience and I am always pleased to share
it. Each project is different and what worked for GCompris maybe
inappropriate for another software. I already proposed to make a
conference on that topic during a meeting in a Toulouse Lug Kde event.

Bruno.