[kde-community] Request to join the Kde incubator for GCompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Thu Feb 13 21:54:12 GMT 2014

Le 13/02/2014 22:25, Armijn Hemel - Tjaldur Software Governance
Solutions a écrit :
>> Wait, does GCompris require for copyright assignment to the FSF?
> I did a superquick analysis of the source code and I could not find
> any evidence for this as the mail GCompris code is not (C) FSF.
>
> There is *some* code in GCompris that is (C) FSF, namely a copy of GNU
> Chess. This code is under GPLv2+.

I didn't notice. What happens is that I get bored to have the chess
activity broken as soon as a distro update GNU Chess. Technically it is
used through its stdout api and as such its extremely hard to maintain.
In desperate need for a libgnuchess.

Anyway another approach is needed here for the new version.

Bruno.