[kde-community] Request to join the Kde incubator for GCompris

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Feb 13 09:26:14 GMT 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 04:48:00AM +0100, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> I am the creator and main developer of the educational software GCompris
> (http://gcompris.net). It is released under GPL V3+. It contains about
> 140 activities for children 2 to 10 years old.

It would be great to have GCompris join the KDE community.  Although
I'll only agree to it if you promise not to change the name :)

Our licence policy requires projects to be GPL 2+, this is simply to
ensure an easy life when sharing code between projects in KDE.
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy

Would you be willing and able to relicence to GPL 2+?

If not we can canvas opinions on an exception for GCompris, there's no
formal process to it and if nobody has strong objections we just
declaire it so and make sure the GCompris repository is well marked as
being differently licenced.

Jonathan