[kde-community] QtCurve

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jan 27 18:57:07 GMT 2014

El Dilluns, 27 de gener de 2014, a les 11:46:23, Yichao Yu va escriure:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:
> > написане Mon, 27 Jan 2014 17:55:20 +0200, Yichao Yu <yyc1992 at gmail.com>:
> >> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Yuri Chornoivan

> >> As for translation, I actually have a few questions:
> >>
> >> 1, If the translations of QtCurve is merged with kde-i18n, is it still
> >> possible to release the translations along with QtCurve itself? Will
> >> this also make it harder to make git package? (like this[1]).
> >
> > Sure. Just use release script from kdesdk to download the translations
> > from
> > SVN and package QtCurve traball. The ready-to-use tarball can be placed on
> > KDE ftp or anywhere else if you like. Not sure if it can be automated for
> > the releases without any tag (just a modification hash in git) though.
> >
> >> 2, I've noticed that KDE has automatic tools to merge translations into
> >> desktop files. I'm wondering if its behavior can be customized. E.g.
> >>
> >> is it possible to make the merge at build time (not so bad if this is
> >> not possible) and can it support non-standard (QtCurve specific)
> >> desktop file (or maybe I should call it ini file). I might want to add
> >> sth like this to QtCurve in the near future (mainly for the configure
> >> system) and I don't think it is a good idea to modify the KDE scripts
> >> for QtCurve because I would like to keep the freedom to change how
> >> these QtCurve internal files are handled.
> >
> > Yes, this can be done. Just name these files with .desktop extension then
> > rename them with CMake magic at the installation time.
>
> The problem is not with the extension names, but the names of the
> fields. I.e. the names of the fields may not starts with _

Our field names do not start with _

> and may not
> have the standard translatable names (e.g. Name, Comment etc.)

The only field names we translate in .desktop-like files are

Name|Comment|Language|Keywords|X-KDE-Keywords|About|Description|GenericName|
Query|ExtraNames|X-KDE-Submenu

If your field names are "standard-enough" i guess we can add them to the
standard tools, if not you can always try using the StaticMessages.sh trick we
use in kdeconnect-android that lets you create a .po file and then receive the
translated .po files in a bash function so you can "integrate" them into your
project (in this case the .desktop-like file)

Cheers,
  Albert