[kde-community] Windows licenses

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Jan 21 16:25:24 GMT 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Pau Garcia i Quiles
<pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Pau Garcia i Quiles
>> <pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:
>> > The Windows Server licenses could be used for Jenkins build machines.
>>
>> What do you mean by that? AFAIK, Qt itself does not support Windows
>> Server, or you mean with something specific installed, like a
>> compatibility software or VM?
>

> I was talking about using the Visual Studio licenses we would hopefully
> receive to compile Qt, KDE, etc on Windows Server, not running them on
> Windows Server

Running may actually be even fine (have never tested it!), but the
problem would be the build since it is not a tier 1 platform for Qt
based on the CI runs [1].

I am not sure about the Visual Studio license because the express has
not seemed to be a problem along the years. At least, I have not heard
of major complaints. It might be good for testing the Qt Visual Studio
add-ins, but that is not a KDE topic. :-)

I personally agree that this is a nice initiative for the generic
Windows licenses though.

[1] http://testresults.qt-project.org/ci/QtBase_dev_Integration/latest-success/