[kde-community] High-quality apps in extragear - was - Re: Applications in KDE Generation 5

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 14:45:57 GMT 2014

Given my project is explicitly mentioned, I should reply :)

When KTp was moving out of playground, I was told:
"It can't go into the SC because Kopete is there and we have a duty to
maintain that as the official client for all of 4.x"

I don't know if that is true or not, it may have been a communication
breakdown or me misunderstanding. I think this was a private chat, not
an official ruling on a mailing list. I don't want to get into a
discussion of feature parity, we both have features that the other
doesn't have but I would like to be part of the SC at some point. So
we are an exception to the it's "because the maintainers want that."
rule.

David