[kde-community] Applications hopping in and out of the coordinated release - was - Re: Applications in KDE Generation 5

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jan 15 22:06:26 GMT 2014

El Dimecres, 15 de gener de 2014, a les 21:47:17, John Layt va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> We can still have a regular KDE Applications
> Release, but it is then up to individual communities or applications
> to opt in to that release cycle, or to decide to release on their own
> cycle.  Strong communities with a distinct identity in the wider FOSS
> world, like PIM or Games or Calligra, may find it better to have their
> own separate release cycles and promo efforts, but I suspect most will
> stay with the regular release cycle.

Hopping in an out of a release cycle is a pain in the ass for those making the
release, at the moment we release around 160 git repos. If someone needs to
herd 160 (actually more since you want to split more stuff) maintainers to
find out what needs and what not every 4 weeks, you can find a lot of money
for that guy since it's going to be the worst job ever.

Cheers,
  Albert