[kde-community] Kubuntu documentation

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Dec 14 10:35:23 GMT 2013

On Saturday 14 December 2013 01:54:50 Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Recently I wrote to the KDE Docs team and KDE WWW team asking for
> permission to put working copies of the Kubuntu documentation on the
> Userbase wiki. Albert raised an interesting objection, which I can
> only bring to this group for discussion.
>
> Kubuntu isn't a KDE project under the Manifesto definition. Even
> though our users are by definition KDE users, it is true that all KDE
> developers do not have write permissions to the Kubuntu codebase,
> since our packages are hosted on Canonical servers.
I don't see the problem at the moment. Albert, could you please elaborate on
your reasoning. For me it looks like KDE would just provide some more "source
code" which can be packaged by the distribution. That our repositories are
used by distributions has always been the case and is also encouraged.

Cheers
Martin