[kde-community] HIG compliance testing via Google Code-in

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Dec 4 23:01:53 GMT 2013

Hey everyone,
as you know from Lydia's recent mail on this list, we need some more Google
Code-in tasks.
So far we had two tasks for testing KDE applications for compliance with the
KDE Human Interface Guidelines
(http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG). Both tasks have been
completed very successfully, yielding a detailed spreadsheet of violations for
each HIG area with basically zero effort from our side. Therefore I'd like to
post and mentor more of these tasks. However I don't want students to create
lists of problems with no chance of them ever being fixed, so I won't post any
compliance test tasks without buy-in from the respective application's
developers.
So, who would like to have their application HIG-compliance-tested? Just reply
here and I'll set a task up. It will help you identify potential usability
problems in your applications without any effort from your side except for the
commitment to look at the lists and see if you can fix the issues there after
task completion.
Cheers,
Thomas