[kde-community] We urgently need more tasks for Google Code-in

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Tue Dec 3 17:57:21 GMT 2013

On 3 December 2013 18:09, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> We currently have only 12 tasks left over for the students and over
> 100 were already done. We should always have at least 30 open. I will
> now add a few more tasks but please everyone think about what you'd
> like some 13 to 17 year-olds to work on in KDE and propose task for
> that. We're not limited to coding. Other areas can be worked on too.
> If you have questions please come to #kde-soc on freenode.

One idea I did have was to have them review the current Holiday data
files to firstly check the existing files are up-to-date and secondly
to create new files for countries that don't yet have them.  Reviewing
a file might take only 15 minutes if there's been no changes, or 30
minutes if there have been, so I'm not sure if that would be a good
task, but creating a new file should take a good couple of hours to do
the research, code the data file and submit the code.

Interested?

John.