[kde-community] Proposal: KDE Manifesto wording revision

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Nov 12 21:38:13 GMT 2013

On Tuesday 12 November 2013 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> perhaps we’re having a definition problem here.
>
> to me “project assets” are all the things that make up the end
> project/product as released. this is how the word is used in relation to,
> for instance, games with all their data and graphics.
>
> TODO lists and other non-deliverables are not project assets. they are
> things the project team may use, but they are not project assets.

Ok, with this understanding of "project assets" it makes much more sense. So
this is about the code and required data to run our products, not anything
around it, which might be part of the development process, nor supplementary
material like marketing material, additional documentation, web sites, etc.

Maybe we should be more explicit and spell it out what it means instead of
trying to find a generic term (although I kind of like Kevin's suggestion of
"product assets"). We could for example say "source code and all other data,
which is released as part of the project's product".