[kde-community] Discussion: KDE Manifesto, "established practices"

Peter Grasch peter at grasch.net
Mon Nov 11 03:16:38 GMT 2013

On 11/11/2013 09:47 AM, Carl Symons wrote:
> "...unless special considerations force it to deviate" could be considered an
> established practice. Dropping that clause retains the essence of this point.
>
> "The project stays true to established practices common to similar KDE
> projects."
I wholeheartedly disagree with this change.

Keep in mind that teams of external projects will (and should) consult
the manifesto as part of their consideration of potentially becoming a
part of KDE.
These people can not expected to know that deviating in case of special
considerations is standard practice within the KDE community.
Removing that clause changes the meaning quite substantially in that case.

Best regards,
Peter